Santa Cruz Art League
The Santa Cruz Art League is an art gallery, theater, classroom, and gift shop. The gallery exhibits are free to the public. The Santa Cruz Art League encourages and supports a wide range of visual and performing artists, professional and recreational alike, in a welcoming environment which celebrates the arts and makes them accessible to the community.
Support the Santa Cruz Art League
In the Gallery
Trying to capture and convey motion is the inspiring and technically remarkable accomplishment of dance photographers. This exhibition will highlight the work of photography artists whose images catch the spirit, the essence, and the sheer drama of movement and introduce audiences to featured local dancers.
- Exhibition: July 1st, Saturday, to August 6, Saturday - 2017
- Reception: July 7, Friday, 6:00pm – 8:00pm (First Friday)
Above photograph by Devi Pride Photography
87th Annual Statewide California Landscape Exhibition
For almost nine decades, the Santa Cruz Art League’s Statewide Landscape Exhibition has showcased the work of artists across the Golden State who depict California’s foothills, mountains, seashores, and deserts of the interior and coastal regions.
- Exhibition: August 11, Friday, to September 10, Sunday - 2017
- Reception: August 19, Saturday 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Above artwork "Bellagio" by juror Frank Galuska
In the Classroom
2nd Thursday Drop-in Drawing and Painting
Similar to our popular Monday Night Drop-in Drawing class except with longer poses and attendees may choose to either draw or paint. Live nude or draped model. Facilitated by Open Studio Artist Richard Bennett.
- Levels: Previous drawing or painting experience required. No instruction provided.
- Date and Time: 2nd Thursday of each month, 7:00 - 10:00pm
- Location: in the SCAL classroom
- Fee: $16 non-members, $14 members, $10 students
- Facilitator: Richard Bennett
More information about this and other classes can be found at our Art Classes