Santa Cruz Art League
The Santa Cruz Art League is an art gallery, theater, classroom, and gift shop. The gallery exhibits are free to the public. The Santa Cruz Art League encourages and supports a wide range of visual and performing artists, professional and recreational alike, in a welcoming environment which celebrates the arts and makes them accessible to the community.
IN THE GALLERY
Artwork by Kathryn Stowell-Loitz
Mix It Up - Mixed Media
Mixed Media art takes inspiration from life, from the forgotten or overlooked... be it disparate images, a whisper of a pencil, an old letter, paint dribbles, textiles, a rusty screw. Join us as our artists give a magical new life to the objects around us. Juried by Andrea Borsuk - Artist/Teacher/Curator. See works from this year's show at SCAL's Facebook Album
- Exhibition: August 14 - September 13
- Reception: August 22, Saturday, 3-5pm
Open Studios Preview
- Exhibition: September 26 - October 18
- Reception: September 27, Sunday, 3-6pm
- Drop off: September 16, Wednesday, 10am-8pm
- Pick Up: October 19, Monday, 11am-8pm
Contact Arts Council Santa Cruz County: 831-475-9600 www.artscouncilsc.org
Beasts on Broadway
Beasts on Broadway is a National Exhibit. The show will be juried by Melissa R. Pickford, Art Gallery Director, Monterey Peninsula College.
- Dates: October 24 - November 15, 2015
- Reception: November 1, Sunday, 3-5pm
- Juror Meet & Greet: November 1, Sunday, 2pm
The deadline for entry is Monday, August 31, Monday (11:59pm) 2015
. For more information about entering the show, see our Exhibition Schedule and Entry Info
In the Lobby
Ed Smiley poses with his work in the SCAL Lobby
Ed Smiley, Colorful Abstracts
"Ed incorporates acrylic transfer of digital printing and xerography into acrylic painting, using scanners and hand movement to produce digitally modified gestural abstract images, and combines them in overlays with glazes and painted gesture. In the SCAL Lobby August 14 - September 13. See more of Ed's work his SCAL member gallery pages or by going to his website.
Monday Night Figure Drawing
Live model. Drop-ins are welcome. No instruction. Facilitated by Open Studio Artist Richard Bennett.
- Date and Time: Monday Nights, 7:00 - 10:00pm
- Location: in the SCAL classroom
- Fee: $16 non-members, $14 members, $10 students
- Instructor: Susie Wilson
View more classes at our Art Classes