Levels: All Levels Welcome!
Offered: One Sunday Workshop: November 12, 10:00am to 4:30pm
Instructor: Robert Dvorak
Location: Santa Cruz Art League
Add to Cart
This will be a full day of learning urban sketching for fun. Urban sketching and sketch crawling are now being practiced worldwide. This enjoyable day should prepare you for a lifetime of outdoor drawing pleasure. It will give you great ideas for improving and practicing your drawing skills in public–here at home or when you travel to other urban settings in the world. Most of the day will be spent practicing drawing outdoors. Bring your lunch to the class. We will eat our lunch when we are hungry giving us more time to practice our urban sketching skills.
Please plan to add watercolor you your drawings so bring a travel watercolor pan set. We will use my book, The Pocket Drawing Book, as a guide to the exercises presented. Bring your copy of this book to the workshop if you have it.
You will learn:
- short and easy practice exercises for drawing urban subjects.
- 22 tips on how to draw or paint in comfort in a public place
- ways to add watercolor to your line drawings
- how to draw quickly and easily with confidence
- how to include people, trees and other outdoor things.
- simple and impressive drawing techniques, including hatching and shading
- how to use pen with watercolor
- some simple perspective tips and much more
This day of urban sketching is designed to get you drawing anywhere and loving it. No matter what your skill or background, this workshop will have you drawing more often in public.
Meet the Instructor:
Robert Regis Dvorák, has been making drawing and watercolor painting fun and easy to learn for 35 or more years. He is an artist and popular speaker on subjects of creativity in business and education, He has authored six books on drawing and watercolor painting: Travel Drawing and Painting, Drawing Without Fear, The Magic of Drawing, Experiential Drawing, The Practice of Drawing As Meditation, and The Pocket Drawing Book. His latest book is The Book About Nothing, a delightful book of verses and drawings.