Class is Full!
Levels: Some painting experience required
Offered: online, 8/23 – 10-11:30am; appointments with teacher; 9/6 – 2-4pm – Wrap Up Session
Instructor: Wayne Jiang
The talented Wayne Jiang is returning to teach online for the Santa Cruz Art League in 2020. His 2019 workshop was a wonderful success, we are very excited to host him again.
This new class is designed for anyone who wants to refine their acrylic painting skills. The focus of this workshop is the individual. Wayne will help each student get to the next level in their acrylic painting.
This online mentoring program will help you make substantial progress towards your current artistic goal.
- Combining opaque and transparent painting
- Preparing surfaces for acrylic
- Applying right combination of colors to create the mood you desire
- Create dramatic and subtle colors with your own limited color palette
- Understand how to balance dominate color with supporting color
- Layering and glazing
- Improve the flow and focal point of your painting with soft and hard edges
- Apply simple color theory to improve your painting.
8/23 – 10-11:30am – Orientation Session for all Students – Zoom
- Four (4) one-on-one coaching 30-minute online Zoom sessions, scheduled via email with the instructor
- During the first meeting, Wayne and the student will discuss his or her goal for the next 10 days.
- Based on the discussion, Wayne will plan out and create a project schedule for the duration of the mentoring.
- Goal ideas: finishing an art project, improving your painting techniques and process, or getting closer to developing your artistic style.
- Email feedback on artwork progress – Student will check in with Wayne to receive individualized guidance to help them make progress.
9/6 – 2-4pm – Wrap Up Session for all Students – Zoom
About the Instructor:
Wayne Jiang is an acrylic realist painter. Combining the aesthetic of 17th century Baroque paintings and the composition of modern documentary photography, his works have been described as the contemporary interpretations of Van Eyck, Vermeer, and Hopper. His work has been widely exhibited in museums and galleries such as the Morris Graves Museum of Art, Triton Museum, Crocker Museum, Sanchez Art Center, History San José, Solomon Dubnick Gallery, and Lan Su Chinese Garden.
Wayne specializes in teaching acrylic. He has 26 years of experience working with acrylic and more than a decade teaching with the medium. He teaches artists with diverse skill levels: from someone who has never painted to professional artists who want to refine their acrylic technique or learn a new medium.