Levels: Beginners and Intermediate
Offered: One Saturday session, August 28, 2021, 1:30-4pm
Instructor: Heejin Lee
Location: Santa Cruz Art League
Participants will enjoy a class where they will be introduced to basic techniques, experiment with the acrylic medium, and create an art piece in their own unique style!
In this class you will learn:
1. How to use acrylic paint and how to use water to make it as thick as oil painting or as thin as watercolor.
2. The advantages of working with acrylic paint
3.To play with Acrylic paints
- 2 canvases 16×20 (additional bigger and smaller size canvases are optional )
- Optional: 3 pieces of Acrylic or mixed media paper 11×14
- Palette knives, brushes, palette or palette paper
- Acrylic paint – unlimited palette (the more colors the better! Bring what you have, or colors you like)
- Permanent and/or water-soluble markers, pens
Heejin Lee is based at the Tannery Arts Center and has an undergrad in Fine Arts, graduate work in Art History, and an Art Education certificate. Originally from Korea, Heejin fell in love with art as a kid and has since cultivated a lifelong life passion for creating deeply expressive paintings and teaching others how to do the same. Heejin enjoys to share art experiences with others: it’s satisfying to her to encourage and inspire people in their creative experiences.