Class is Full!
Levels: All levels
Offered: 4 Thursdays beginning 7/23, 2:00-3:30pm
Instructor: Robert Dvorak
Location: LIVE ONLINE
If you are a beginner or already draw, this class will teach you the magic, everything from the simple basics, to easy techniques you can use to enhance your drawing skills so you can feel confident to express yourself drawing any subject. In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Draw people, architecture, landscape, and most anything
- Create the illusion of depth to draw three dimensional forms in seven different ways.
- Draw quickly
- Capture essence
- Draw freehand perspective
- Overlap images
- Stay relaxed and have a lot of fun drawing
In this hands-on class you will learn how to practice to improve your drawing skills. You will learn how to develop concentration, increase perception, self-awareness, and express your creativity drawing. During this well-planned series of classes you will watch your skill unfold easily like magic. This workshop will prepare you for a lifetime of drawing pleasure. Whether you are drawing in your home, traveling, vacationing, or on a weekend outing, you will easily be able to incorporate these skills. Beginners and more advanced students are welcome.
Instructor: Robert Regis Dvořák has been showing people how to have fun drawing and painting for 35 years. He is a watercolor artist and public speaker on the subject of creativity in education and business. He has worked as an architectural designer and is a former professor of architecture at the Universities of Oregon and California, Berkeley. He is the author of six books on drawing and painting: Travel Drawing and Painting, The Practice of Drawing as Meditation, Drawing Without Fear, Experiential Drawing, The Magic of Drawing, and The Pocket Drawing Book.
You will need a drawing pad, 8.5’ X 11” or 9” x 12”, and a pen.We will not be using pencils. If you own Robert’s book, The Magic of Drawing, you will be able to use it in the class. However, the book, The Magic of Drawing, is now out of print.
New to classes on Zoom?
- Each enrolled student will receive a Zoom invitation and password a few days day before the first session.
- Please be set up and prepared to draw at the beginning of the class. Please log on early, so that we can begin the class on time.
- Students will be able to ask questions in real-time during the class
- A video recording of the class session will be posted to Dropbox with a link sent to each student to view at any time afterward.