Offered: Fridays, November 13-December 18, 2-3:30pm
Instructor: Robert Dvorak
Location: LIVE ONLINE
PAINTING PORTRAITS IN WATERCOLOR THE EASY WAY
You can learn to paint a portrait in watercolor. If you have always wanted to be able to paint portraits in watercolor with success join this workshop! Most people who try painting portraits don’t know how to begin, and end up practicing the wrong way. In this workshop you will learn good habits that will give you hours of fun and increase your ability, every time you paint a portrait. Robert will demonstrate:
- easy to remember portrait proportions,
- the best approach for painting a watercolor portrait,
- which colors to apply first, second, etc.
- what colors to use for different skin tones,
- how to keep your paintings fresh and glowing,
- what colors to use for the shade and shadow for the different skin tones.
- How to paint the eyes and mouth so that they look alive.
No matter what your skill or background, this class will have you painting watercolor portraits with satisfaction in no time.
Materials: 2 HB No. 2 pencils, a kneaded eraser, watercolor paper 140# cold pressed, brushes–#10 or #12. or a Chinese calligraphy brush, a cotton rag. a watercolor palette. Bring to the first workshop at least two color photos to paint.
Instructor: Robert Regis Dvorák, has been making drawing and painting fun and easy to learn for 35 years. He s the author of the books: Drawing Without Fear, Experiential Drawing, Travel Drawing and Painting, The Practice of Drawing as Meditation and The Pocket Drawing Book.