Levels: All levels
Offered: Four Fridays, October 15 - November 5, 2-3:30 pm
Instructor: Robert Dvorak
Location: LIVE ONLINE
PAINTING PORTRAITS IN WATERCOLOR THE EASY WAY
You can learn to paint a portrait in watercolor. If you have always wanted to be able to paint portraits in watercolor with success join this workshop! Most people who try painting portraits don’t know how to begin, and end up practicing the wrong way. In this workshop you will learn good habits that will give you hours of fun and increase your ability, every time you paint a portrait. Robert will demonstrate:
- easy to remember portrait proportions,
- the best approach for painting a watercolor portrait,
- which colors to apply first, second, etc.
- what colors to use for different skin tones,
- how to keep your paintings fresh and glowing,
- what colors to use for the shade and shadow for the different skin tones.
- How to paint the eyes and mouth so that they look alive.
No matter what your skill or background, this class will have you painting watercolor portraits with satisfaction in no time.
Instructor: Robert Regis Dvořák has been showing people how to have fun drawing and painting for 35 years. He is a watercolor artist and public speaker on the subject of creativity in education and business. He has worked as an architectural designer and is a former professor of architecture at the Universities of Oregon and California, Berkeley. He is the author of six books on drawing and painting: The Practice of Drawing as Meditation, Drawing Without Fear, Experiential Drawing, The Magic of Drawing, Travel Drawing and Painting, and The Pocket Drawing Book.