Offered: Six Friday mornings, January 15 - February 19, 10:15am-12pm
Instructor: Wayne Jiang
Location: LIVE ONLINE
Learn acrylic painting in the comfort of your own home. We’ll use the Zoom videoconferencing system for this online painting class. The online class will have slideshow presentations, painting demos, paint along with Wayne, and critiques. Students will have access to download a video file of the painting demo to refer to later so they can paint along at home at their own pace.
This class is designed for anyone who is a beginner to acrylic. Acrylic is an incredibly versatile medium. It can be used in illustrated journals, textured abstract paintings, or traditional portrait paintings. Learning the essential techniques of acrylic painting can help improve any art project.
Topics and exercises include:
- Mixing colors
• Transitioning to acrylic from other mediums
• Preparing painting surfaces for acrylic painting
• Blending and brush stroke techniques
• How to create a focal point using hard and soft edges
• How to create subtle colors using a limited color palette
• How to apply simple art theory and composition knowledge to improve your paintings
Repeat students: We won’t be repeating the same paintings. You’re going to reaffirm the basics as well as learn new techniques and concepts through creating new compositions.
Students are responsible for knowing how to log into Zoom. Be sure to test logging in before the first class session. Students also need to know how to send email attachments of photos of their painting so they can receive feedback from the instructor.