Levels: All levels
Offered: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 12pm-3pm
Instructor: Hajra Meeks
Location: LIVE ONLINE
Learn the historical grisaille value underpainting method, while also developing wet-in-wet, wet-on-dry, and glazing painting techniques in this info-dense class. Continue to a more advanced project with an Alphonse Mucha Regency lady study in a complementary color scheme over a Brunaille underpainting. So park your brushes here and discover the Value of Grisaille, an amazing Old Master’s technique that will enhance your rendering in any glazing medium! Suitable for beginning to advanced artists. Students can download the materials list and image refs to prep sketch in advance.
How does it work?
- This Class is taught through YouTube Livestream–you do not need a Youtube/Google/gmail account to watch it live (just a phone, tablet, or computer with an internet connection).
- Before class starts, students will set up their work areas comfortably at home in front of their device.
- At 11:30 am, Hajra will email a private YouTube livestream link to all students enrolled.
- Students click the provided link to be connected to the live workshop and wait till 12 NOON PST for the class to go live online.
- Students will follow along with Hajra and have live Q&A via Youtube chat box–you do need a Youtube/Google/gmail account to type live, real-time questions and/or comments during the livestream.
- Enjoy and learn!
- After class, students are welcome to email Hajra images of their work and/or ask questions to receive feedback via email!
Hajra Meeks is an Author-Illustrator, fine artist, and Lecturer from the Bay Area. She has a BSc in Physics from the Univ. of San Francisco, an MSc in International History from the London School of Economics & Political Science, and a Picture Book Certificate from the MA program at the Vermont College of Fine Arts. She was a Lecturer in Art History, International History, and Calculus at UC Merced for 4 years, and has taught watercolor, gouache, and ink in-person and online for a decade. Her Youtube channel currently has 1.5 million views, her art has been in exhibitions in Union City, Mariposa, Vermont, Santa Clara, Berkeley, Santa Cruz, and Merced (where it was viewed by First Lady Michelle Obama), and she had a successfully funded online Kickstarter campaign for an environmentalist picture book about the real wolf OR-7. She also collaborates on digital, interactive Data Visualization projects that combine art and information. Currently, she’s teaching at SCAL, SCMNH, and via Patreon. You can learn more about her artwork and instruction at http://hajrameeks.com