Offered: 3 Thursday evenings beginning September 17th, 6-8:30pm
Instructor: Cynthia Armstrong
Location: Santa Cruz Art League
Watercolor has the reputation for being difficult. It can cause frustration, defeat, and disappointment, especially for those just starting out. Having a solid understanding in the bedrock basics can instill confidence and, dare we say it, enjoyment!
Learn the absolute essentials of watercolor in this limited series class with instructor, Cynthia Armstrong. Students will gain a solid understanding of all things watercolor: papers and brushes, watercolor paint properties, color theory, simple and alternative application techniques and more. The joy of creating with watercolors is within anybody’s reach!
To keep everyone healthy and safe, this is what you need to know and do:
- Everyone must wear a face mask. 🎭
- Art League staff will take your temperature at the door with a no-contact thermometer 🌡️
- Please wash your hands and/or apply hand sanitizer upon arrival 🧼 👏
- Each person (or family unit) will enjoy 6 feet of personal creative space at our spacious tables 🧍🏻♀️↔️🧍🏽♀️
- Please bring your own materials and do not share.
- Art League staff will try to keep front and back doors open whenever possible and have a fan/air purifier blowing to maximize ventilation
- Art League staff will disinfect all surfaces and tools before and after every workshop
- The building will not be open to the public during the class.🧴✨