Levels: All Levels
Offered: LIVE ONLINE One Saturday afternoon, 4/11/20, 12:00pm-3:00pm
Instructor: Hajra Meeks
Location: Santa Cruz Art League
Drafting skills are essential to traditional art—the better you can draw and render with a pencil, the better you can do so with your paint. In this live online workshop, learn how to enhance your drawing skills 5 different ways in 5 different sketch exercises in this info-dense workshop—via freehand, grids, proportional division, and guided sketching. So park your brushes here and let the epic drawing adventures begin! Suitable for beginning to advanced artists.
How does it work?:
- Before class starts, students will set up their work areas comfortably at home in front of their device.
- 15 minutes before the start of the class, Hajra will email a private YouTube livestream link to all students enrolled.
- At the start time of the class, students click the provided link to be connected to the live workshop.
- Students will follow along with Hajra and have their questions addressed in real time by typing them into the comments section during class.
- Enjoy and learn!
- After class, students are welcomed to text or email Hajra images of their work to receive feedback via email or over the phone!
This Class is taught through YouTube Livestream
Hajra Meeks is an Author-Illustrator, fine artist, and Lecturer from the Bay Area. She has a BSc in Physics from the Univ. of San Francisco, an MSc in International History from the London School of Economics & Political Science, and a Picture Book Certificate from the MA program at the Vermont College of Fine Arts. She was a Lecturer in Art History, International History, and Calculus at UC Merced for 4 years, and has taught watercolor, gouache, and ink in-person and online for a decade. Her Youtube channel currently has 1.5 million views, her art has been in exhibitions in Union City, Mariposa, Vermont, Santa Clara, Berkeley, Santa Cruz, and Merced (where it was viewed by First Lady Michelle Obama), and she had a successfully funded online Kickstarter campaign for an environmentalist picture book about the real wolf OR-7. She also collaborates on digital, interactive Data Visualization projects that combine art and information. Currently, she’s teaching at SCAL, SCMNH, and via Patreon. You can learn more about her artwork and instruction at http://hajrameeks.com