Stay connected with all our latest events and exhibits by following us at our Facebook or Instagram pages.
With generous support
Exhibition Schedule and Entry Info
This page provides complete details about our exhibits for gallery visitors and participating artists alike.
Views of the Cruz – Members Exhibition M-Z
From time immemorial artists have depicted the places where they live, work, and play. With its vast natural beauty and creative life, Santa Cruz has inspired generations of artists. Santa Cruz Art League Members are invited to submit works in various media to share their own Views of the Cruz.
- Exhibition: June 2, Friday to June 25, Sunday - 2017
- Reception: June 2, Friday 6:00pm – 8:00pm (First Friday)
- Drop off: May 28, Sunday, 12-4pm, CLOSED May 29, Monday & May 30, Tuesday, 2-4pm
- Pickup: June 25, Sunday, 4-6pm & June 26, Monday, 2-4pm
- Open to Santa Cruz Art League Members.
- Installation fee: $25, 1 art piece per artist.
- Staff will need 2 labels for art piece - 1 for art piece & 1 for office.
- Artwork does not have to be for sale.
- Please bring finger foods for the Reception.
- Entry forms are available for download here (pdf, 84 kb)
Trying to capture and convey motion is the inspiring and technically remarkable accomplishment of dance photographers. This exhibition will highlight the work of photography artists whose images catch the spirit, the essence, and the sheer drama of movement and introduce audiences to featured local dancers.
- Exhibition: July 1st, Saturday, to August 6, Saturday - 2017
- Reception: July 7, Friday 6:00pm – 8:00pm (First Friday)
- Drop off: June 25, Sunday, 4-6pm & June 26, Monday, 2-4pm
- Pickup: August 6, Sunday, 4-6pm & August, 7 Monday, 2-4pm
87th Annual Statewide California Landscape Exhibition
For almost nine decades, the Santa Cruz Art League’s Statewide Landscape Exhibition has showcased the work of artists across the Golden State who depict California’s foothills, mountains, seashores, and deserts of the interior and coastal regions.
- Exhibition: August 11, Friday, to September 10, Sunday - 2017
- Reception: August 19, Saturday 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Entry Deadline: May 15, Monday (11:59pm) 2017
- Shipping Drop Off: August 3, Thursday & August 4, Friday
- Drop off: August 6, Sunday, 12-4pm & August 7, Monday, 2-4pm
- Pickup: September 10, Sunday, 4-6pm & September 11, Monday, 2-4pm
- Juried Show
- Open to artists of California, Juror will grant $2,000 in Awards.
- Entry fee paid to www.OnlineJuriedShows.com: Non-Refundable.
- Entry fee paid at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com. Artists may submit up to 5 entries.
- SCAL Members - $35 for one entry, $10 for each additional entry up to 5.
- Non-Members - $40 for one entry, $10 for each additional entry up to 5.
- jpegs: 1920 pixels@72 dpi.
- Artists agree to donate 45% of any sale of work / 30% if SCAL Member, to Santa Cruz Art League (SCAL).
- Work requiring special handling is to be installed & removed by artist.
- No work may be substituted or exchanged for any reason.
- Work must be original, for sale, ready to install.
- Work should arrive on required dates/there is a $5 a day Late Pickup fee.
- Shipped entries must have a Prepaid Return Shipping Label (UPS & FedEx) & a $20 check for unpacking/repacking fee per box.
- At Drop Off, staff will need 1 label for each art piece and Artist Bio.
- Please bring finger foods for the Reception.
Open Studio Preview
In partnership with the Santa Cruz County Arts Council, the Open Studios Preview Exhibition will offer a sneak peak of the great art of over 300 Santa Cruz County artists participating in the Open Studios Art Tours in the first three weekends in October.
- Exhibition: September 30, Saturday, to October 22, Sunday - 2017
- Reception: October 1, Sunday 3:00pm – 6:00pm
For details, please visit the Santa Cruz Arts Council’s site, www.artscouncilsc.org/open-studios/
Honoring the Santa Cruz Art League’s nine decades long tradition of showcasing local artists, Art/Now/Next will feature the work of local, diverse artists under 40. The exhibition will introduce its audience to the next generation of artists who will continue to nurture Santa Cruz County’s creativity and innovation.
- Exhibition: October 28, Saturday to December 3, Sunday - 2017
- Reception: Nov 3, Friday 6:00pm – 8:00pm (First Friday)
- Drop off: October 25, Wednesday 10-4pm ( a second date TBD)
- Pickup: December 3, Sunday, 4-6pm & December 4 Monday, 2-4pm
© 2000-2016 Santa Cruz Art League.
All works on this website are the property of SCAL and its members and protected by copyright laws.
Use of any photos, text, or illustrations is forbidden unless permission is granted by SCAL.